Senior Backend Developer
At Holded we are upgrading the way SMBs manage their business. We are a well-funded startup founded in 2016 that has raised nearly $8m from world-class investors including Lakestar (Holded was their first investment in Spain after previous investments in Facebook, Spotify & Airbnb) and Nauta Capital (Socialpoint, Privalia).
Our mission is to create a business Operating System (businessOS) that covers all the key areas for small and medium-sized businesses. From financial management (such as Accounting and Invoicing) to HR, CRM and Project & Inventory management, allowing companies to automate over 50% of their overall administrative tasks and become Business Heroes.
Join us and help to reinvent the concept of ERP!
We are hiring senior backend engineers who embrace software craftsmanship and have a strong background in software development.
- You have an intrinsic bias towards simplicity and a constant willing to simplify complex systems
- You have a solid software development background, you are familiar with modern and scalable software development practices
- You care about best practices and software maintainability is a top priority for you
- You feel comfortable working with data structures, NoSQL databases (like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis), etc..
- You like to explore new technologies and are curious about how things work
- You have mastered at least a higher-level programming language and its ecosystem (ideally PHP, Golang, etc...)
- You know what is a Git rebase, and you are comfortable working in a large codebase with multiple team members
- You practice DevOps, when you have developed something, you know how to (and you want to) deploy it to a production environment
- You have experience designing public APIs (REST, gRPC, etc... )
- But the most important is, you are a freak like we are, you love what you do and you want to enjoy your work while building something important
What it's like to work with us:
- Permanent contract
- Flexible working hours
- Short work-day on Fridays
- Free catered lunch
- Continuous Training: annual budget for training for each employee
- Fully equipped kitchen with snacks, drinks, and fresh fruit.
- Top-notch work equipment
- Office in front of the sea with ping pong, pool table, PlayStation…
- Interesting projects and a great work environment
- An excellent opportunity to grow with the company
- Discounts on a gym membership
At Holded, we do things differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
We didn’t start Holded to be another software company. We started Holded to be epic, and you can be part of it!
This might not be the job for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. If that’s the case, feel free to send them this link: http://jobs.holded.com/o/senior-backend-developer-barcelona.